Chief Executive Officer
As The Aspire Group’s CEO, Bill is responsible for overseeing Aspire’s headquarters’ operations including Fan Relationship Management, Strategic Consulting & Research, Marketing, and Human Resources, and expanding the menu of services Aspire can offer to partners. Bill brings his 30 year all-encompassing sports industry experience to the organization. Bill’s work history includes executive positions with the San Francisco 49ers, Miami Dolphins, Charlotte Bobcats and Time Warner Cable Arena, in which he oversaw the 2012 Democratic National Convention, Atlanta Hawks and Thrashers, and the National Football League, where he helped create the league’s initial salary cap. Bill also served as a Principal with the Aspire Group, where his clients included the NBA, NHL, Leicester City FC and Bobcats Sports and Entertainment. While serving as a Consultant to the Bobcats, he facilitated the sale of the team and related assets to Michael Jordan who then hired him full-time as Executive Vice President and CFO/CAO. His expertise includes management of operations, finance, marketing, legal, human resources, information technology and facility administration.
Prior to The Aspire Group, Bill Duffy held the following positions:
- Executive Vice President – Chief Financial and Administrative Officer (Bobcats Sports and Entertainment) (2010-2013)
- Principal (The Aspire Group) (2009-2010)
- Executive Vice President – Chief Financial Officer (Atlanta Spirit, LLC.) (2004-2008)
- Executive Vice President – Chief Financial Officer (Florida Panthers) (2001-2003)
- Executive Vice President – Chief Administrative Office (Buffalo Bills) (1999-2000)
- Vice President – Chief Financial Officer (San Francisco 49ers) (1996-1999)
- Director of Compliance (National Football League) (1993-1996)
- Treasurer – Director of Finance (Miami Dolphins and Joe Robbie Stadium) (1988-1993)
- Assistant Controller (JVC Company of America) (1985 – 1988)
Bill received his undergraduate degree from Princeton University and his Master’s degree from New York University. He is also a Certified Public Accountant.
A dual US-Irish citizen, Duffy’s green roots run deep including service as President of the Irish Chamber of Atlanta, Atlanta Chapter, the Executive Committee of the Atlanta St. Patrick’s Day Parade, and he accompanied Georgia Governor Perdue on a trade mission to Ireland. Bill was selected as a Star of the South and Irish American Magazine’s Business 100 in 2011. He was honored to be chosen Grand Marshal of Charlotte’s St. Patrick’s Day Parade in 2012. Bill also was Treasurer of Big Brothers, Big Sisters of Metro Atlanta for six years (2005-2011).